1. Cover Gronkowski. Pittsburgh refused to cover him, and you saw the results. Last year in the Super Bowl, the Seahawks wisely covered Gronk with a DB and shut him down. Then Pete Carroll tried to “fool” Tom Brady and cover Gronk with a linebacker. Touchdown New England. Just cover him.
2. Make your easy field goals. Pittsburgh gave points away all night with a lousy kicker missing field goals left and right.
3. Hit Brady. The Steelers pass rush was its most feeble in years. It looked horrendous. The once proud Steelers D is long gone, making it easy for Brady.
4. Take away the slot. Little Julie Edelmann catching 4-yard crossing patterns all night long destroyed the defense. Watching Julie mouth off after each 4-yard catch was comical. Look, it’s not easy to defend those passes, granted. But when you know it’s coming, you can at least step into his way. By the way, remind me to not buy Puma products, since they hired little Julie to do their commercials.
5. Keep the judges out of the game. Brady was rightfully suspended until he whined his way into court. If he is allowed to go to court to break the rules, than Dion Jordan should be allowed to also. All right, that is a joke. But it was pretty sad to see the whining, cheating Brady on the field. And it was comical to see the Bostonians rooting for the guy. Then again, they rooted for Aaron Hernandez.