There are only three things in life that are certainties: Death, Taxes, and Joe Philbin will say “We have to get better” at every single news conference.
As much as Ryan Tannehill needs to be benched, it is certain that Philbin will not bench him. Not even for one play. Not even to give the team a spark. Or an attempt to energize the offense. Nope.
Joey P. will stubbornly stick with his quarterback.
I didn’t see the warning signs about Tannehill as soon as some of you did, but they were there from the very very beginning:
- He didn’t earn a job; it was handed to him after David Garrard was named the original starter.
- He thought that Kansas City Chiefs were the Dolphins’ bitter rival in the AFC East. He then admitted that he didn’t know much about professional football. Yeah, no kidding.
- He was basically a wide receiver who genius Mike Sherman turned into a QB for a few years.
- He passes the ball when he should run. He watches defenders come right at him and doesn’t move until it’s too late.
- He lacks the killer instinct and understanding of game situations. Like when he got tackled Sunday with 8 seconds left in the half. He needs to KNOW to immediately signal timeout. Instead, he looked confused. Inexcusable ignorance right there.
Joe Philbin will admit to none of those things, but all of it is true.
Meanwhile, last time Matt Moore got a chance to start a few games, the Dolphins voted him as their team MVP. Is there any Dolphin who thinks Tannehill is our MVP?