If Dolphins Truth could sit down with Mr. Stephen Ross or somehow bring this blog to his attention, here are the questions we would ask him concerning his recent decision to bring back Joe Philbin for a fourth year.
While we’re up to about 6,000 readers per week on our blog here, we understand that we are not nationally known yet. So there is little chance that Mr. Ross will ever see this, let alone reply. In that case, we invite any and all fans who support Joe Philbin to answer these questions.
Here’s your chance. It’s an open forum to state your case for why you agree with Mr. Ross.
- You stated that Joe Philbin is the right man for the job. Why do you say that?
- Can you give us three examples of Joe Philbin’s decisions that won us ball games? We’re not concerned with leadership, teaching, morality, and similar attributes. We want examples of Joe Philbin giving a decisive order on the playing field.
- You said, “I believe in what we are building.” We are a mediocre .500 team. Can you define for us please what we are building?
- When players and opposing coaches praise Joe Philbin, do you wonder what they REALLY think, as opposed to saying the “right thing” for the camera.
- Why did you allow Philbin to hire his old pal Mike Sherman?
- Why did you allow Philbin to hire Mike Sherman’s son-in-law?
- When you hired Philbin, did you fully comprehend that Philbin was never allowed to call a play in Green Bay? That he had never once been allowed to make a personnel decision? That he was not involved in drafts?
- When you saw Philbin hand a free victory to the Packers by calling a timeout to benefit Green Bay, did you contemplate firing him right then and there?
- What makes you think next year will be better? Specifically, what makes you think that Joe Philbin will suddenly get better between January and August?
- Do you realize (or care) how many NFL experts have publicly stated that Joe Philbin is simply not a good coach? What makes you decide to ignore the fans and ignore the experts and go with your gut feeling instead?